Report on the CPOK General Membership Meeting
To: All CPOK Members
On Saturday, December 22nd, a general membership meeting was held at the meeting room at the Southern Oaks Library in OKC. The members gathered there discussed the issues facing the Oklahoma district and the CPUSA in general. Among the topics discussed were:
- - The need for increased communication within the district.
- - Re-affirming the centrality of Marxism-Leninism to the Party’s line and focus.
- - The danger the threat of Revisionism poses to the party within the district and nationally.
- - Unanimous affirmation of the need to act immediately to re-organize the district, and to fight to reclaim the party for the future of a workers revolution.
Daniel Lee put forward a proposal to re-organize and re-vitalize the party, beginning with the creation of a District Committee tasked to develop the district’s structure and roles within a 3 month timeframe, leading to the formation of a Central Committee. Also included in the tasks for the District Committee were:
- - Adopting the 7 points of Marxist-Leninist Unity as the official line of the Communist Party of Oklahoma (Immediately adopted unanimously).
- - Creating a district charter
- - Creating a Cadre Training Program
The proposal was met with approval and passed unanimously. Other district business was then discussed, and the meeting adjourned. The date for the next general membership meeting has been set for January 19th, at 7pm in Norman. All CPOK members are requested to attend. Please RSVP and get directions by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org